You may feel as independent as ever today. But life has a way of presenting unexpected challenges as we age. Assisted living services at The Ridgemont at Edgewood Summit, in Charleston, WV, are designed for people who are in good health, but need a little extra help with activities of daily living to support their independence.
We’ll meet your scheduled and unscheduled needs, in a warm and comfortable setting. The Ridgemont at Edgewood Summit partners with each resident and their family to develop individualized service plans to foster independence while providing needed support.
Each day offers new opportunities, with built-in activities and events. As you’d expect from Edgewood Summit, assisted living residents live amid the highest levels of kindness and hospitality.
- 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming and dressing
- 24-hour emergency call and response system
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24 hours a day
- Three daily chef-prepared meals
- Weekly laundry, flat linen and housekeeping services
- Priority access to skilled nursing and memory care neighborhoods
- Residential-style apartments with basic cable television and all utilities included (except telephone)
- Full, private bathrooms in each residence
- Individually temperature-controlled apartments (select floor plans)
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Restaurant-style dining
- Scheduled courtesy transportation to local medical appointments, off-site cultural events and day trips
- On-site physician’s office
- On-site rehabilitation therapy services
- On-site beauty salon and barbershop
- Arts and crafts room, exercise room, card room, library, convenience store and café, and many lounges across the neighborhood
- A variety of lifestyles programming
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
The real-life benefits of assisted living.
With just the right touch of assistance, you or your loved one will enjoy — even rediscover — a full life. With our services, amenities and personal attention, assisted living residents continue to pursue interests, socialize with friends and preserve cherished degrees of independence.
Frequently asked questions.
Assisted living bridges the gap between independent living and round-the-clock nursing care provided in long-term care. Assisted living is designed to provide apartments for residents who meet certain standards of self-sufficiency, but could benefit from some daily support. Residents who reside in assisted living receive supervision or assistance with activities of daily living. This can include medication management, meals, laundry, housekeeping and transportation. These services help residents remain more engaged with others, while being able to better enjoy their place in community life.
Yes. Assisted living at Edgewood Summit is available to current residents as well as through direct admission for the general public.
To learn more about assisted living services at The Ridgemont, please complete the form on this page. We’ll respond to your request promptly.