If you have a loved one struggling with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, The Arthur B. Hodges Center at Edgewood Summit in Charleston, WV, can help. Our staff is devoted to providing memory care, emotional comfort, and calming stability to residents and families.
We employ the Landmarks for Living® philosophy, a nurturing approach that encourages self-esteem in a purposeful environment. Our community is designed to offer comfort to both residents and family members.
- We honor residents’ dignity and foster self-esteem.
- Our staff-to-resident ratio promotes independence.
- Staff is trained to interact successfully with residents with cognitive impairment.
- A customized setting improves the quality of day-to-day life.
- Staff members take the time to learn the life story of each resident, helping residents feel at home and offering peace of mind to family members.
- Emphasis is placed on safety and security.
- Individualized reviews let families track their loved ones’ progress.
- Support groups give families the opportunity to communicate with other caregivers.
- As individual residents show improvement in sleep, nutrition and hydration, interaction with family members often also improves.
Services and amenities
- Private suites with a full private bath for each resident
- 24/7 emergency response
- Secure neighborhood, for peace of mind
- 24/7 Licensed nursing staff
- Certified nurse aides provide daily resident assistance
- Secure patio, with gardens and walkways for safe enjoyment of the outdoors
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Weekly personal laundry and flat linen service included
- Weekly housekeeping
- Priority access to skilled nursing care
- Caregiver Support Group
- Spiritual, cultural, educational and social activities and programming
- Transportation services available
See a memory care residence floor plan
Frequently asked questions
Memory care at Edgewood Summit provides assisted living services in a secured environment. Residents living in this level of care must have a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. Our Landmarks for Living® program is structured and designed to promote quality of life through a nurturing environment, providing specialized dining and activities.
Memory loss, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, affects more than just one person. At The Arthur B. Hodges Center at Edgewood Summit, we work with individuals, family members and caregivers, searching for the right balance of respect and care. Our community design reduces confusion and provides complete security. With special programming designed for those with memory loss, The Arthur B. Hodges Center helps residents find joy and contentment in each moment.
To understand how we can serve your family with memory care, please complete the form on this page. We’ll respond to your request promptly.