Whatever your goals, we’ll help you get back to where you want to be. The Arthur B. Hodges Center provides short-term skilled nursing and rehabilitation services that cater exclusively to Edgewood Summit residents.
Following injury, surgery or other medical event, we’ll help you regain strength and independence — in the familiar community you’ll already call home.
In partnership with your physician and under the supervision of trained professionals, we offer neurologic and orthopedic rehabilitation, post-surgical care, wound/ostomy care and comprehensive therapies:
- Balance and fall risk reduction
- Pain management to improve mobility
- Strength conditioning
- Recovery from accidents and medical incidents
Speech language pathology
- Language ability and cognitive training
- Alternate communication strategies
- Swallowing and diet textures
- Muscle strength and joint range of motion
- Mobility improvement to help regain ability to perform daily tasks
- Energy conservation
Services and amenities
- Spacious and inviting resident and family areas
- Registered dietician
- Private suites with full, private baths
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Medication administration
- All utilities, including telephone and wireless internet access included
- 24/7 emergency call and response system
- Spacious therapy gym
- Beautiful restorative views of Kanawha Valley
Frequently asked questions
They’re similar. Physical therapy helps restore strength and mobility. Occupational therapy helps people adapt to their social and physical surroundings through education in things like dressing, memory training and coordination exercises.
Every resident receives an individualized treatment plan, based on physician orders and individual needs.
Yes. Rehabilitation services are reserved exclusively for community residents as part of our continuum of care.
Yes. We’re Medicare-certified and contracted with many insurance plans.
To learn more about our rehabilitation services, please complete the form on this page. We’ll reply to your request promptly.