Why Choose Senior Living?
If you’ve begun researching your senior living options and educating yourself on the benefits, you’ve probably come across many senior living options. Which means you’ve probably got many questions, too.
That’s understandable. Not every retirement community with senior living options is the right fit for every older adult. Some independent living communities offer wellness, health and fitness programs, making them a great fit for active adults. Other communities focus more on helping residents live vibrant lifestyles by offering a number of socialization opportunities like volunteering, full monthly calendars of activities, and dozens of hobbies to explore.
There are nearly as many types of senior living communities as there are types of seniors. Yet, they all have the same mission and goal: to ensure their residents live a happy and healthy lifestyle — with each resident remaining as independent as possible, for as long as possible.
Five Common Questions about Senior Living
Take a look at these five common questions about senior living. If you have a question you don’t find the answer to in this article, we invite you to reach out to talk with the senior living experts at Edgewood Summit in Charleston, WV.
- What does today’s senior living look like? This is a very common question older adults have, especially Baby Boomers, because they may have misconceptions about senior living in general. However, today’s Continuing Care Retirement Communities, or CCRCs, look nothing like the senior living communities from yesteryear. For one thing, a CCRC like Edgewood Summit is actually built and designed for today’s generation of older active adults. Our community offers services like maintenance-free living inside and outside your private residence, housekeeping and flat linen service, 24-hour security, concierge services, on-site physician’s office, scheduled transportation and many more conveniences. Edgewood Summit is also loaded with amenities like restaurant-style dining with chef-made meals and options in dining venues; packed activity calendars replete with socialization opportunities; and whole-person wellness that focuses on physical, spiritual, intellectual and social wellness. This includes everything from fitness classes to devotional services to volunteering to guest lecturers,common spaces to explore your hobbies, and caring staff members steeped in hospitality and driven to provide remarkable service.
- What are the benefits of a retirement community with senior living options? Arguably, one of the biggest benefits is peace of mind. At Edgewood Summit, in addition to independent living, you have access to the full continuum of care on campus — which includes Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care and Rehabilitation. You’re protected against the rising costs of long-term care thanks to our Health Care Benefit. Your refundable Resident Deposit helps protect your estate, while your monthly service fees cover the majority of your living expenses. When you take a closer look at senior living at Edgewood Summit, you’ll quickly realize the remarkable value it offers you.
- Is Independent Senior Living for couples or individuals? Independent senior living is perfect for both couples and individuals! Couples have opportunities to explore their own hobbies and interests beyond those of their spouses. Individuals have many outlets to mingle with other residents and stay more connected socially. And whether you’re a couple or a single person, everyone can enjoy more possibilities to meet new neighbors who quickly become good friends.
- Should I move even though I’m not fully retired? Yes, you should. That’s because although Independent senior living communities are exclusively for older adults, many seniors have chosen not to be 100% retired. Some Edgewood Summit residents, for example, still work full-time or part-time because they enjoy working. Continuing to stay in their career field also gives them a sense of purpose. Others actively volunteer for the same reason. These residents enjoy leaving the housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation and cooking, lawn care and many more chores to our staff. Instead, residents can focus on the more pleasurable parts of living at a full-service community like ours.
- Why should I consider a senior living community like Edgewood Summit in Charleston, WV? It’s surprisingly simple: Edgewood Summit is Kanawha Valley’s only locally owned, not-for-profit CCRC. When you live here, you’ll enjoy a vibrant lifestyle on a scenic mountaintop campus, along with the security of on-site health services, if you ever need them. It all adds up to a remarkable lifestyle — one that truly can be yours.
Learn the benefits of independent senior living at Edgewood Summit
Discover the hospitality, the warm and friendly atmosphere, the wellness possibilities and the peace of mind you’ll enjoy at Edgewood Summit. As the only CCRC in Charleston, WV, you’ll have a secure plan for your future in place while you fully enjoy the best today can bring you.
For a limited time, you can receive a 20% discount off your Resident Deposit on select apartment homes, making right now the best time yet to discover Edgewood Summit. For details, simply contact us.