December 30, 2020
The Arthur B. Hodges Center at Edgewood Summit has had one additional positive COVID test reported on December 23, 2020 as a result of our weekly mandated testing. The positive case is an Employee. This brings our new positive cases to a total of two – one Resident previously reported and one Employee. The Resident and Employee continue to be asymptomatic and are self-isolating. Out of an abundance of caution, The Arthur B. Hodges Center is now following outbreak protocol measures. The Ridgemont is no longer in outbreak status but did have one Employee test positive but because of no recent contact with the Community, outbreak protocols were not resumed. As a reminder, outbreak protocol procedures include:
- No entry, exit or cross movement of foot traffic through the Hodges Center.
- Only Direct Care Staff are permitted in the Hodges Center.
- Only Direct care, end of life and compassionate care visits to Residents are permitted.
- No group Dining of Residents in the Hodges Center.
- No group Activities for Hodges Residents.
- Housekeeping and Maintenance only on an as needed basis.
- All entry screening is through the Hodges Center lobby, the Ridgemont lobby and main Independent Living entrance for the main building.
The onsite Vaccinations at Edgewood Summit for Clinic #2 will take place next week – January 5 thru January 7, 2021.
More updates will be provided as additional information becomes known. Thank you for your continued support. We wish you all a Happy New Year! Stay safe.